Manchester United closing on club-record Paul Pogba deal
Manchester United are reportedly close to completing an £80 million move to re-sign former midfielder Paul Pogba, who left the club on a free transfer back in 2012.
According to the Daily Star, the France midfielder is “in advanced talks” with the Red Devils and will reject Real Madrid in favour of an Old Trafford return due to his desire to work with manager Jose Mourinho.
Angel Di Maria is the most expensive player ever to join United following his £59.7 million move back in 2014, but Pogba’s projected £80 million price-tag could blow that figure out of the water.
- Man Utd face challenge from two Chinese Super League clubs for Brazilian Anderson Talisca
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- World Cup bound Russian Aleksandr Golovin watched by Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho
- Real Madrid jump ahead of Arsenal in the queue for Atletico defender Jose Gimenez
- Chelsea to launch deal £30m plus loan offer for Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish