Manchester United closing on club-record Paul Pogba deal
Manchester United are reportedly close to completing an £80 million move to re-sign former midfielder Paul Pogba, who left the club on a free transfer back in 2012.
According to the Daily Star, the France midfielder is “in advanced talks” with the Red Devils and will reject Real Madrid in favour of an Old Trafford return due to his desire to work with manager Jose Mourinho.
Angel Di Maria is the most expensive player ever to join United following his £59.7 million move back in 2014, but Pogba’s projected £80 million price-tag could blow that figure out of the water.
- Juventus intensifying shock interest in Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford
- Five clubs including one from Germany interested in Ruben Loftus-Cheek deal
- Blow for Liverpool as Napoli transfer target seeking new deal to stay at club
- Manchester United scouts watch Chelsea transfer target at West Ham defeat
- Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham are keen on £15m-rated Argentine striker