Manchester United closing on club-record Paul Pogba deal
Manchester United are reportedly close to completing an £80 million move to re-sign former midfielder Paul Pogba, who left the club on a free transfer back in 2012.
According to the Daily Star, the France midfielder is “in advanced talks” with the Red Devils and will reject Real Madrid in favour of an Old Trafford return due to his desire to work with manager Jose Mourinho.
Angel Di Maria is the most expensive player ever to join United following his £59.7 million move back in 2014, but Pogba’s projected £80 million price-tag could blow that figure out of the water.
- Boateng and Lewandowski at centre of potential Anthony Martial Man Utd exit
- West Ham, Newcastle and Leicester quoted £18m for Juventus’ midfielder
- Manchester United make late move to rival Arsenal for Barcelona’s £100m winger
- Contact made as Manchester United chase late deal for Atletico defender
- David Moyes could return as former United boss emerges as national coach frontrunner