Shock name lined-up to temporarily replace under-pressure Chelsea boss Antonio Conte
According to the Times, Chelsea are lining-up the shock appointment of former Watford and Hull manager Marco Silva as the man to replace the under-pressure Antonio Conte.
The Portuguese boss was heavily in-demand by Everton before Christmas and since saw the Hornets form dip to such an extent that it ended with his sacking back in January.
Chelsea appear likely to stick with Conte through their upcoming Champions League encounter with Barcelona at Stamford Bridge and their FA Cup fixture, but this could still change should West Brom shock the Blues tonight in the Premier League.
- Chelsea to launch deal £30m plus loan offer for Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish
- Juventus could sell Gonzalo Higuain if they find a like-for-like replacement this summer
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m
- In-limbo England keeper Joe Hart offered lifeline by Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon