Sam Allardyce reveals once Everton secure safety their star man can play more games
According to the Liverpool Echo Toffee’s boss Sam Allardyce will only give £27m Turkish striker Cenk Tosun more game time when the club have secured their Premier League safety.
Allardyce claims that the Turkish international is not up to speed with the Premier League and is still some way off being trusted to start games when so much is riding on it.
Tosun had scored 14 in 24 appearances for Besiktas before signing for Everton in January, four of which came in six Champions League games. However, he has yet to get off the mark for the Toffees in his three Premier League appearances.
- Manchester City ‘close in’ on signing 2016 PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez
- Juventus could sell Gonzalo Higuain if they find a like-for-like replacement this summer
- Saints boss Hughes to pip Poch and activate former player Xherdan Shaqiri’s release clause
- German’s Bayern Munich keeping close tabs on Everton’s Jordan Pickford at World Cup
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m