Roy Hodgson closing in on new number one goalkeeper as Palace look to strengthen
Getafe’s Vicente Guaita is set to be one of Roy Hodgson’s first recruits at Crystal Palace in this transfer window, with the goalkeeper set to compete for the number one spot between the sticks at Selhurst Park.
The Guardian report that an initial fee of £3.5m will be agreed, but that price will rise should Palace remain in the Premier League.
The 31-year old has been a regular in La Liga this season with 18 appearances, keeping five clean-sheets in the process.
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- Juventus could sell Gonzalo Higuain if they find a like-for-like replacement this summer
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m
- Man Utd face challenge from two Chinese Super League clubs for Brazilian Anderson Talisca
- Midfielder Dembele’s agent in Italy to rally interest from the likes of Juventus