Report claims Manchester Utd willing to ‘go all out’ to €100m to land Barcelona star
Outlandish claims in Spanish news source Don Balon via the Star state Manchester United will launch €100m (£87m) bid for Barcelona keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen this summer, should David de Gea make a surprise departure.
Real Madrid are well known to want de Gea at the Bernabeu and could be willing to splash to cash to bring the Spanish number one to Madrid this summer, despite United’s reluctance to even entertain the idea of losing their number one.
The Spanish report states that Barcelona would consider an offer in the region of €100m for the 25-year old German keeper should United bid – but ter-Stegen is apparently happy at the Nou Camp. So a lot would have to change between now and August for any such moves to materialise.
- Liverpool target Alisson to reject Champions League runners-up for winners Real Madrid
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- In-limbo England keeper Joe Hart offered lifeline by Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon
- Real Madrid jump ahead of Arsenal in the queue for Atletico defender Jose Gimenez