Report claims Manchester Utd willing to ‘go all out’ to €100m to land Barcelona star
Outlandish claims in Spanish news source Don Balon via the Star state Manchester United will launch €100m (£87m) bid for Barcelona keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen this summer, should David de Gea make a surprise departure.
Real Madrid are well known to want de Gea at the Bernabeu and could be willing to splash to cash to bring the Spanish number one to Madrid this summer, despite United’s reluctance to even entertain the idea of losing their number one.
The Spanish report states that Barcelona would consider an offer in the region of €100m for the 25-year old German keeper should United bid – but ter-Stegen is apparently happy at the Nou Camp. So a lot would have to change between now and August for any such moves to materialise.
- Clubs alerted to ‘special clause’ in Lionel Messi’s Barcelona contract
- Aston Villa and Leeds targeting deal for Man Utd’s Scott McTominay
- Agent agrees deal ‘in principle’ for Paul Pogba to join Barcelona
- Arsenal ‘confident’ of fending off Barcelona and Chinese interest in midfielder
- Premier League trio chasing Valencia stopper