Reds legend Steven Gerrard sounded at by Championship club to be next manager
Former England midfielder and current Liverpool U18 Manager Steven Gerrard is among the names being linked with the vacancy at Ipswich Town – since the early departure of Mick McCarthy, that is according to the Sun.
The Reds legend, now 37, was close to being MK Dons manager last year but opted to start his coaching career back with Liverpool and has impressed in his first full-time role. However, with Jurgen Klopp firmly at the helm at Anfield, it may be viewed by some that Gerrard cut his teeth and show his potential with a club in the Football League ladder, in this case the Championship.
Gerrard is currently priced at around 8/1 in some betting markets to be the next Ipswich manager, behind more seasoned managerial names such as Alan Pardew and Tony Mowbray.
- Boost for Liverpool as target Timo Werner handed ultimatum by RB Leipzig
- Liverpool, Spurs and Everton want to sign Club Brugge’s Dutch winger
- Palace boss Roy Hodgson has never heard of player linked to transfer move
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger