Problems mount at Real Madrid as Marcelo wants reunion with ex-galactico
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
Real Madrid face a crucial week in the Champions League and in Sunday’s El Clasico against Barcelona – with four defeats in five, the manager and the club’s form is under harsh scrutiny.
To make matters worse, Italian news source Tuttosport suggest that Brazilian star Marcelo wants to depart Real Madrid and re-link up with former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo again – increasing talk that Juventus will make a move for the 30-year old.
The report also suggests that while they may not want to lose one of their top influencers in the squad, Real Madrid could sanction a transfer if Juventus were to offer in the region of €50 – 60 million in the January transfer window.
Juventus would also likely have to sell if they decide to bring in Marcelo to finance such a deal – logically that would fuel speculation that Alex Sandro could be on the move, potentially to the Premier League where he has long been linked to.
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Juventus ‘would consider’ future Man City bid for forward in excess of £90m
- Leeds to test Hoffenheim with ambitious bid for World Cup goalscorer
- Liverpool, Spurs and Everton want to sign Club Brugge’s Dutch winger
- Boost for Liverpool as target Timo Werner handed ultimatum by RB Leipzig