Premier League trio are targeting a move for Leeds’ in-form Kemar Roofe
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
Leeds United are preparing to brace themselves for January transfer window interest in one of their top performers – Kemar Roofe.
The attacker, 25, has been attracting the attention of Premier League sides Wolverhampton Wanderers, Southampton and Crystal Palace, according the the Mirror via the Birmingham Mail.
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa has seemingly brought the best out in Kemar Roofe with the Englishman netting his sixth Championship goal in nine appearances, in his most outing against Nottingham Forest.
All the three Premier League sides being linked with Roofe are struggling to find the net via an out and out goalscorer upfront – despite Wolves doing relatively well in their top-flight return, they appear to be lacking up top.
Roofe currently has a contract that expires at Elland Road in 2020 and may ultimately see the value in deflecting all attention in January amid the Whites great form in the Championship – with many tipping this to be the season Leeds return to the Premier League.
Kemar Roofe started his career at West Bromwich Albion but failed to make the grade with the Baggies, instead getting his big break with Oxford United where he bagged 31 goals and assisted 14 in 65 appearances. That form with the U’s earned him a move to Leeds where has since netted 24 times in just under 100 appearances.
- Leeds to test Hoffenheim with ambitious bid for World Cup goalscorer
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger
- Wolves target surprise move for out of favour Stoke defender in January
- Liverpool, Spurs and Everton want to sign Club Brugge’s Dutch winger