Liverpool are a ‘serious competitor’ with Bayern Munich for in-form striker
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
Rumours have intensified about the future of striker Timo Werner, who has been lightening up the Bundesliga for RB Leipzig – but talk to where he will be next season has got louder after the 22-year old’s post game comments.
As RB Leipzig fell to defeat against rivals Bayern Munich on Wednesday, Timo Werner was questioned and his future once again top of the agenda, in quotes via the Metro;
“I’ve had a nice two and a half years at Leipzig, so they are in the picture [for next season].”
“There are other clubs in the picture. If you play in Germany and want to stay in Germany, there is only one club in question.”
It’s not one hundred per cent who Timo Werner is referring to as the ‘only one club’, but due to the successes and internationals currently playing at Bayern Munich, it would be safe to assume he meant them.
However, in the German news source Abendzeitung via the Metro, it’s made clear that Liverpool are as serious as Bayern Munich in signing Timo Werner next season – in-fact calling Jurgen Klopp’s side a ‘serious competitor’.
Liverpool’s scouts have watched the German international on a number of occasions and discussions about signing the striker have reportedly taken place.
- Boost for Liverpool as target Timo Werner handed ultimatum by RB Leipzig
- Leeds to test Hoffenheim with ambitious bid for World Cup goalscorer
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger
- Juventus ‘would consider’ future Man City bid for forward in excess of £90m