Leeds to test Hoffenheim with ambitious bid for World Cup goalscorer
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
Leeds United are reportedly bolstering their interest and lining up a bid for Steven Zuber, a Swiss international midfielder currently contracted to Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.
The Yorkshire Evening Post covers the transfer story to the midfielder who scored in the 1-1 draw between Switzerland and Brazil at last summer’s World Cup.
At the age of 27, Steven Zuber would undoubtedly be quite the signing for the Championship side, having featured in nine Bundesliga matches this season and three times in the Champions League – a group which included Lyon and Manchester City.
Zuber has a contract in Germany that runs until 2020, and with his game-time decreasing it’s likely both parties will agree to a transfer this month or at the very latest this summer.
- Boost for Liverpool as target Timo Werner handed ultimatum by RB Leipzig
- Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Wolves target surprise move for out of favour Stoke defender in January
- Free agent Yaya Toure drops tease about signing with Scottish title challengers