Jose Mourinho to heed to fan criticism and transfer list error-prone stars
Manchester United manager is set to demand an overhaul of his current defence and add new players such as Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane and Leicester City’s Harry Maguire, via the Mirror.
The news comes after a some poor displays by England pair Chris Smalling and Phil Jones whose futures at the club are under threat – the report appears to suggest that Smalling is as good as out of the door this summer, but Jones could still be able to prove his worth.
United actually boast the best defensive record in the Premier League this season, but individual errors are leaving the team exposed and Mourinho who has focused on attack and midfield is set to get busy with his defensive recruitment in pre-season.
- Premier League trio all vying for signing of Boca Juniors’ Wilmar Barrios
- ‘Green light’ for Man Utd as Juventus withdraw from race to sign World Cup midfielder
- Man Utd propose Matteo Darmian deal as leverage to sign Juventus striker
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho mulls over bids for two Bayern Munich players
- Championship heavyweights Stoke and Boro target £15m Newcastle winger