England international goalkeeper shuts down reports that he has requested transfer
According to ESPN, Stoke City’s Jack Butland has revealed that he has not asked for a transfer away, despite reports linking him with a summer move to Arsenal or Liverpool.
Stoke are finding life difficult at the moment and are currently 19th in the league, and should they be relegated that it would be hard to imagine the goalkeeper will remain in the Potteries if Champions League football comes calling.
Butland, 24, took to social media to deny the reports by posting; “Before this spreads any further, I haven’t told the club I want to leave, I’m focused on doing everything I can to keep the club in this division!”
- Blow for Liverpool as Napoli transfer target seeking new deal to stay at club
- Juventus intensifying shock interest in Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford
- Manchester United scouts watch Chelsea transfer target at West Ham defeat
- Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham are keen on £15m-rated Argentine striker
- Five clubs including one from Germany interested in Ruben Loftus-Cheek deal