England international goalkeeper shuts down reports that he has requested transfer
According to ESPN, Stoke City’s Jack Butland has revealed that he has not asked for a transfer away, despite reports linking him with a summer move to Arsenal or Liverpool.
Stoke are finding life difficult at the moment and are currently 19th in the league, and should they be relegated that it would be hard to imagine the goalkeeper will remain in the Potteries if Champions League football comes calling.
Butland, 24, took to social media to deny the reports by posting; “Before this spreads any further, I haven’t told the club I want to leave, I’m focused on doing everything I can to keep the club in this division!”
- Saints boss Hughes to pip Poch and activate former player Xherdan Shaqiri’s release clause
- Agent confirms Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United this summer
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- Jose Mourinho delays left-back purchase to monitor Sessegnon and Tierney