Diego Costa tells Chelsea he wants to leave
Chelsea have been hit by the news that star striker Diego Costa has “demanded” to leave Stamford Bridge, and Atletico Madrid have moved quickly to go about facilitating his return to La Liga.
According to the Daily Star, Los Rojiblancos have already tabled an offer of £40 million for a player they sold just two years ago for £8 million less than that figure.
Costa played a major hand in leading the Blues to the 2014-15 Premier League title but failed to recapture the same form last season, bagging just 16 goals in 41 total appearances. The 27-year-old scored 64 goals in 134 appearances for Atleti between 2010 and 2014.
- Juventus could sell Gonzalo Higuain if they find a like-for-like replacement this summer
- Manchester City ‘close in’ on signing 2016 PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez
- World Cup bound Russian Aleksandr Golovin watched by Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho
- Real Madrid jump ahead of Arsenal in the queue for Atletico defender Jose Gimenez
- Saints boss Hughes to pip Poch and activate former player Xherdan Shaqiri’s release clause