Diego Costa tells Chelsea he wants to leave
Chelsea have been hit by the news that star striker Diego Costa has “demanded” to leave Stamford Bridge, and Atletico Madrid have moved quickly to go about facilitating his return to La Liga.
According to the Daily Star, Los Rojiblancos have already tabled an offer of £40 million for a player they sold just two years ago for £8 million less than that figure.
Costa played a major hand in leading the Blues to the 2014-15 Premier League title but failed to recapture the same form last season, bagging just 16 goals in 41 total appearances. The 27-year-old scored 64 goals in 134 appearances for Atleti between 2010 and 2014.
- Paris St-Germain set to finalise £33m transfer deal for German defender
- Man City ready to go big in January with whopping £60m bid for Portuguese international
- Barcelona sweat on midfielder’s buyout clause as Paris St-Germain show interest
- West Ham, Newcastle and Leicester quoted £18m for Juventus’ midfielder
- Aston Villa on the brink of beating Celtic to the signing of Scottish international