Chelsea turn attention to Gianluigi Buffon ‘successor’ amid doubts over Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea are readying themselves for a scenario in which their star number one Thibaut Courtois leaves Stamford Bridge this summer, amid reports from Real Madrid, and have targeted AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma – according to Corriere dello Sport via talkSPORT.
The 19-year old Italian almost left AC Milan last summer after a supposed fall out with the club but made a dramatic u-turn to sign an improved contract – but with the Italians struggling to achieve European qualification this season it could open the door for clubs like Chelsea to tempt away Donnarumma.
Chelsea are cautious over Courtois but may have their hand forced to sell if he fails to agree a new contract, with his current deal expiring in the summer of 2019.
With Chelsea in-action in the Champions League tomorrow against Barcelona find out more about how to watch a live stream of this all-important clash at the Nou Camp.
- Arsenal ‘confident’ of fending off Barcelona and Chinese interest in midfielder
- Barcelona sweat on midfielder’s buyout clause as Paris St-Germain show interest
- Tottenham waiting on £25m bid response for England U21 international
- Paris St-Germain set to finalise £33m transfer deal for German defender
- Aston Villa on the brink of beating Celtic to the signing of Scottish international