Chelsea prepare to launch £30m plus lucrative wage increase to rivals’ captain
According to the Independent today, Chelsea are preparing to launch a transfer bid for Jamaal Lascelles from Newcastle this summer – with a bid in the region of £30m plus a significant wage increase to the player from his current deal on Tyneside.
The 24-year old, captaining the Magpies, has been impressive in helping to guide Newcastle to Premier League survival – scoring three goals in 27 Premier League appearances.
However, in quotes from the Independent, Toon boss Rafa Benitez cooled interest by saying; “He’s happy, training well, he’s improving, he’s focused. You can’t stop speculation about players, but I was talking with him for a while last week and the focus is just trying to improve his game.”
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Palace boss Roy Hodgson has never heard of player linked to transfer move
- Liverpool, Spurs and Everton want to sign Club Brugge’s Dutch winger
- Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger
- Juventus ‘would consider’ future Man City bid for forward in excess of £90m