Chelsea prepare to launch £30m plus lucrative wage increase to rivals’ captain
According to the Independent today, Chelsea are preparing to launch a transfer bid for Jamaal Lascelles from Newcastle this summer – with a bid in the region of £30m plus a significant wage increase to the player from his current deal on Tyneside.
The 24-year old, captaining the Magpies, has been impressive in helping to guide Newcastle to Premier League survival – scoring three goals in 27 Premier League appearances.
However, in quotes from the Independent, Toon boss Rafa Benitez cooled interest by saying; “He’s happy, training well, he’s improving, he’s focused. You can’t stop speculation about players, but I was talking with him for a while last week and the focus is just trying to improve his game.”
- Manchester City ‘close in’ on signing 2016 PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez
- Saints boss Hughes to pip Poch and activate former player Xherdan Shaqiri’s release clause
- In-limbo England keeper Joe Hart offered lifeline by Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon
- Chelsea to launch deal £30m plus loan offer for Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m