Chelsea muscle in on Everton’s ‘marquee signing’ Witsel
According to the Metro Chelsea are said to be preparing their own bid for Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel, denting Ronald Koeman’s pursuit to bring to the player to Goodison Park.
Everton were rumoured to be willing to pay in the region of £28m for the 28-year old’s services, but if Chelsea are serious about bringing him in then Koeman must be fearing the worse with the pulling power Chelsea has and the prospect of a return to Champions League football in West London come to the end of the season.
A move for Witsel would also put more uncertainty on the future of Nemanja Matic who is rumoured to be a target for Serie A champions Juventus.
- Manchester United scouts watch Chelsea transfer target at West Ham defeat
- Five clubs including one from Germany interested in Ruben Loftus-Cheek deal
- Juventus intensifying shock interest in Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford
- Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham are keen on £15m-rated Argentine striker
- Blow for Liverpool as Napoli transfer target seeking new deal to stay at club