Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
Garry Monk’s Birmingham City side are ramping up their interest in signing Ben Marshall from Championship rivals Norwich City – that is according to the Birmingham Mail.
The 27-year old winger made the switch to Carrow Road last summer but injuries and a lack of consistency has left Ben Marshall out in the cold at Norwich, who are challenging for automatic promotion back to the Premier League.
The report today suggests that Birmingham may look at a loan move – there is no mention of a permanent transfer swoop for a player who has done the rounds in the Football League.
Marshall has played for Wolves, Leicester, Millwall and Blackburn – so no doubt Garry Monk would be signing a player with plenty of league ‘know how’, which could prove valuable in the second half of the season with the Second City club still in touching distance of the play-offs.
His form last season on-loan at Millwall earned him the move to Norwich and plenty of plaudits along the way and if he can recapture that form then Birmingham will feel like it’s a no-brainer for the rest of the season.
- Aston Villa on the brink of losing Tammy Abraham due to January clause
- Leeds to test Hoffenheim with ambitious bid for World Cup goalscorer
- Juventus ‘would consider’ future Man City bid for forward in excess of £90m
- Palace boss Roy Hodgson has never heard of player linked to transfer move
- Free agent Yaya Toure drops tease about signing with Scottish title challengers