Barcelona receive out of the blue £65m offer for newly-signed Brazilian
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
In an out of the blue type of transfer offer, Barcelona have received a huge £65 million bid from Chinese Super League clubs for their newly-signed Brazilian Malcom – that is according to Spanish source AS via Sport.
The 21-year old signed from Bordeaux in the summer, but has yet to make the desired impact at Barcelona – featuring in just five La Liga games and yet to feature for more than 59 minutes except in the Copa del Rey.
Barcelona plucked Malcom away from signing for Roma in the summer, with an eleventh hour bid and the Brazilian must be wondering how things could have been should he have opted for a move to the Italian capital instead.
Malcom has also suffered an unfortunate start to his career at the Nou Camp when it comes to fitness, and is currently sidelined with a sprain.
One of the clubs mentioned in the report via Sport states that Guangzhou Evergrande are one of the major clubs linked with a £65m bid – Barcelona have dealt directly with them in the past, with former midfielder Paulinho currently on their books.
- Palace boss Roy Hodgson has never heard of player linked to transfer move
- Boost for Liverpool as target Timo Werner handed ultimatum by RB Leipzig
- Liverpool, Spurs and Everton want to sign Club Brugge’s Dutch winger
- Juventus ‘would consider’ future Man City bid for forward in excess of £90m
- Birmingham edge ahead of rivals in bid to sign out of favour Norwich winger