Barcelona have had a ‘deal in place for months’ for blockbuster summer transfer
French news source Le10sport.com are reporting that Barcelona have had a ‘deal in place for months’ to bring in Antoine Griezmann from rivals Atletico Madrid this summer.
The 26-year old French international’s contract release clause will supposedly drop to around £90m in the summer from what was reportedly a previous £177m.
Griezmann has likely turned down a new contract or talks to improve a deal broke down, which has left Barcelona as the club of choice, despite Manchester United coming close to a deal last summer.
- Agent agrees deal ‘in principle’ for Paul Pogba to join Barcelona
- Clubs alerted to ‘special clause’ in Lionel Messi’s Barcelona contract
- Arsenal ‘confident’ of fending off Barcelona and Chinese interest in midfielder
- Aston Villa and Leeds targeting deal for Man Utd’s Scott McTominay
- Dortmund target Manchester City’s Phil Foden with offer of ‘first team’ football