Barcelona have had a ‘deal in place for months’ for blockbuster summer transfer
French news source Le10sport.com are reporting that Barcelona have had a ‘deal in place for months’ to bring in Antoine Griezmann from rivals Atletico Madrid this summer.
The 26-year old French international’s contract release clause will supposedly drop to around £90m in the summer from what was reportedly a previous £177m.
Griezmann has likely turned down a new contract or talks to improve a deal broke down, which has left Barcelona as the club of choice, despite Manchester United coming close to a deal last summer.
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- Agent confirms Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United this summer
- In-limbo England keeper Joe Hart offered lifeline by Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon
- Man Utd face challenge from two Chinese Super League clubs for Brazilian Anderson Talisca
- Manchester City ‘close in’ on signing 2016 PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez