Arsenal target Rennes’ Senegal winger who is likened to Ousmane Dembele
Drew Bartle Head Sports Editor
Arsenal, according to the Mirror, are looking into the possibility of signing Rennes’ Senegalese winger Ismaila Sarr, who made quite the impression at the World Cup in Russia at the age of 20.
French side Rennes will know they can get a bidding war going if they want, with plenty of interest from across Europe for a player that was nominated for the Golden Boy award.
Ismaila Sarr has already been compared to Barcelona and World Cup winner Ousmane Dembele – starting the season in Ligue 1 pretty well with two goals and an additional goal in the Europa League for Rennes.
Inter Milan may prove to be Arsenal’s biggest rivals for Ismaila Sarr, who have also been monitoring the Senegalese youngster, but with a rumoured price-tag of £20 million, Arsenal may feel the opportunity to sign a player that could significantly improve may be too good to miss.
The Mirror state that Rennes will not sell Ismaila Sarr in the January transfer window, but as these kind of transfer rumours can change rather quickly, it can’t be ruled out that Sarr will be plying his trade in north London come 2019.
- Sensational transfer to rivals leads Mesut Ozil to tell teammates he’s leaving
- Arsenal ‘confident’ of fending off Barcelona and Chinese interest in midfielder
- Agent agrees deal ‘in principle’ for Paul Pogba to join Barcelona
- Clubs alerted to ‘special clause’ in Lionel Messi’s Barcelona contract
- Dortmund target Manchester City’s Phil Foden with offer of ‘first team’ football