Arsenal have not held talks with this star despite risk of losing him on a free
In what may seem startling if true, Arsenal have apparently not held contract negotiations with their star man Mesut Ozil since February, earlier this year. With only one more year left on his contract it could be that the Gunners face seeing both Ozil and Sanchez run their contracts down and leave for nothing.
A report in the Sun states that the 28-year-old German international is preparing to leave next summer for free – if it is the case then more serious questions will be thrown in the way of the manager and the board.
After playing in four games this season the attacking midfielder is yet to score or assist for Arsenal, and inconsistent performances have been the subplot of his time at the Emirates Stadium.
- Agent confirms Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United this summer
- Midfielder Dembele’s agent in Italy to rally interest from the likes of Juventus
- Jose Mourinho delays left-back purchase to monitor Sessegnon and Tierney
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- Man Utd face challenge from two Chinese Super League clubs for Brazilian Anderson Talisca