Arsenal ‘confident’ of fending off Barcelona and Chinese interest in midfielder
The Mirror are reporting today that Unai Emery’s Arsenal are remaining confident in their ability get long-serving midfielder Aaron Ramsey to sign a new contract, despite increased interest from the Chinese Super League, Lazio and Barcelona.
The 27-year old Welsh international was expected to have been signed up to a new deal once Unai Emery was appointed – with the Spaniard apparently viewing Aaron Ramsey as a potentially key player to build his new look Gunnes side around – but that has so far yet to materialise.
Now there are reportedly big-money offers in the pipeline – specifically from the Chinese Super League, and that will be fuelled even more by former national manager Chris Coleman managing CSL side Hebei China Fortune.
The Mirror state that Mesut Ozil was given a new deal worth £350,000 earlier in the year, and Aaron Ramsey and looking to get a pay-rise at around the £250,000-mark to match his worth to the club. A fee which the Welshman would expect to get comfortably should he become a free-agent in 2019.
Arsenal will be desperate to avoid a situation like Alexis Sanchez again, and a new deal may be escalated with foreign interest from Italian side Lazio, La Liga champions Barcelona and the Chinese Super League clubs showing interest.
Rivals Chelsea and Manchester United are also monitoring the situation regarding his contract and could also come into play should the Welshman refuse or not get offered a new deal.
- Five clubs including one from Germany interested in Ruben Loftus-Cheek deal
- Manchester United scouts watch Chelsea transfer target at West Ham defeat
- Blow for Liverpool as Napoli transfer target seeking new deal to stay at club
- Juventus intensifying shock interest in Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford
- Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham are keen on £15m-rated Argentine striker