Ancelotti exit at Bayern rumours intensify with replacement lined up
Rumours are intensifying that Italian Carlo Ancelotti is set to be replaced at the end of the season or stand down as Bayern Munich boss. According to reports in the Independent, the next man through the door at the Allianz arena could well be the young upstart Julian Nagelsmann who has been making waves at Hoffenheim.
The 30-year old has defied the odds with his inexperience at Bundesliga level to steer Hoffenheim to a 4th place finish last season (just two points behind Dortmund) and so far this season to 2nd (an unbeaten start).
Ancelotti has, through Bayern eyes, not taken the club onwards in European competition and the ‘invincibility factor’ surrounding the club as diminished somewhat. A young and exciting German manager could very well be the ideal replacement when the Italian exits the serial title winners.
- Robert Lewandowski offered to Man Utd, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain for £175m
- Juventus could sell Gonzalo Higuain if they find a like-for-like replacement this summer
- German’s Bayern Munich keeping close tabs on Everton’s Jordan Pickford at World Cup
- World Cup bound Russian Aleksandr Golovin watched by Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho
- Jose Mourinho delays left-back purchase to monitor Sessegnon and Tierney