Ajax wonderkid Matthijs de Ligt destined for £50m move to Premier League giants
The Mirror report that Manchester City look to be the early favourites to sign Matthijs de Ligt this summer for around £50m, with Ajax slapping the price tag on the head of the Dutch defender.
At just 18 Matthijs de Ligt has already become an established first choice defender for both club and country and although Man City are favourites, Bayern Munich and rivals Arsenal are expected to test Pep Guardiola’s side’s resolve in the transfer window.
The young defender was quoted in the report emphasising the next club would not be about money but about overall standards; “My next step just has to be right for me when I look at the team and where and how I will live.”
- Manchester United approach La Liga side Sevilla over the release clause of Clement Lenglet
- Manchester City ‘close in’ on signing 2016 PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez
- Real Madrid jump ahead of Arsenal in the queue for Atletico defender Jose Gimenez
- Jose Mourinho delays left-back purchase to monitor Sessegnon and Tierney
- In-limbo England keeper Joe Hart offered lifeline by Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon