Ajax wonderkid Matthijs de Ligt destined for £50m move to Premier League giants
The Mirror report that Manchester City look to be the early favourites to sign Matthijs de Ligt this summer for around £50m, with Ajax slapping the price tag on the head of the Dutch defender.
At just 18 Matthijs de Ligt has already become an established first choice defender for both club and country and although Man City are favourites, Bayern Munich and rivals Arsenal are expected to test Pep Guardiola’s side’s resolve in the transfer window.
The young defender was quoted in the report emphasising the next club would not be about money but about overall standards; “My next step just has to be right for me when I look at the team and where and how I will live.”
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho mulls over bids for two Bayern Munich players
- World Cup history-making centre-back wanted by Everton this summer
- Liverpool’s bid of €18m must rise up to €35m for Croatia’s World Cup defender
- Premier League trio all vying for signing of Boca Juniors’ Wilmar Barrios
- Blow for Manchester United as target reveals he wants to ‘stay at Inter’